Bali Rainbow Community are a locally based non-profit association which raises awareness and funding for HIV / AIDS in Bali. We work closely with Gayadewata, Bali Medika (get tested for free and anonymously) and Bali Peduli to educate about HIV.
Bali Rainbow Community also gives financial help to people in our community, who are sick due to HIV infection. If you should be in need of our help please write to us in the form below. You can also download our medical registration form in the bottom of this page.
If you would like to help our cause and donate money, you can do it to this account:
TABUNGAN BTN BATARA
Gianyar Branch, Bali
No: 00499 – 01 – 50 – 000387 – 6
Account Holder : Bali Rainbow Community
Address : Jl Drupadi Gg 108 No. A Seminyak Kuta
CIF No. 8343969
BALI RAINBOW COMMUNITY:
Charter for Bali Rainbow Community – Funds dispersal
Funding is available for members of our community (regardless of gender or sexual preference) who have urgent need for assistance and who meet with the following criteria:
· HIV positive status – certification required
· Referred to BRC through Gaya Dewata, Bali Medika, Bali Peduli or other recognized foundation (or individual) supporting the gay community in Bali.
· Current medical status requires hospitalization / medical treatment /surgery as a direct result of HIV or AIDS related illnesses – and which can legitimately show that financial support is needed.
· Recently unemployed and in urgent need of funds for immediate living expenses as a result of newly diagnosed HIV status and / or illness. (limited access to funding, not to exceed 21 days / Rp2.500.000 expenses unless extra-ordinary circumstances apply) – including convalescence and recuperation from hospital treatments.
· Medicines and drugs not covered by Government allotments – shown to be needed as a result of HIV/AIDS related illnesses and conditions.
Process for application:
· Written application needs to be made to the board of the BRC with outline of case provided. Aforesaid application needs to include summary of condition, doctors report and outline of current financial situation – based on the assistance required, and including estimated cost of treatments / assistance needed and time frame.
· All applications are to be treated confidentially and are to be responded to in 24 hours. In the event that the board is unable to meet to review the application, an emergency fund is to be made available, to be issued/used at the discretion of any single member of the executive board to the value of Rp1.500.000. Any amounts in excess of this amount MUST be at the majority rule of the board.
· A review of all applications are to be made on a weekly basis or as required to monitor the status of recipients and allocations of funds etc. A monthly report is to be published to all member of the board showing all allocations of funds.
Funding is available for Community Based groups (or individuals) who can contribute to AIDS awareness, education and prevention. This can include but is not exclusive to Gaya Dewata, Bali Medika etc. Applications must meet with the following criteria
· Direct and immediate impact on HIV / AIDS related outreach and education programs including (but not restricted to) training, seminars, printing of posters, flyers, recruitment of counselors and outreach workers, and providing information about safe sex education within our community
· Have specific and clear outlines of goals, measurements, and budgets
· Funding requests to be made in writing using FUNDING REQUEST FORM issued by Bali Rainbow Community.
· Proposal must include details of the audience, dates, locations, goals and objectives for the event. (All must be measurable, trackable and upon completion, must include a summary report for assessment / evaluation purposes)
YAYASAN GAYa DEWATA
Gaya Dewata Foundation (YGD) Bali is a non-profit organization concerned with sexual health, HIV-AIDS and sexuality issues among vulnerable and underserved Men Sex with Men (MSM), gay and transgender communities in Bali. The Gaya Dewata Foundation was established on the 14th February 1992 by concerned members of the gay community as part of a collaborative effort with the Citra Usadha Indonesia Foundation. In July, 1999 Gaya Dewata moved to stand on its own and after seven years of hard work was officially registered as a legal organization in 21 August, 2009.The vision of YGD is to provide accurate and complete information on STI and HIV/AIDS to assist in the reduction of the spread of these infections within the homosexual community within, to and from Bali. Further, the vision includes the provision of support to those who are HIV positive.With the assistance of other parts of society, YGD aims to reduce the incidence and effects of discrimination experienced by gay individuals and groups.
The mission of YGD is to provide a multi-faceted program aimed at empowering the gay community by providing;
- education on sexual health, socio-economic, democratic, and human rights issues,
- communication network for the transmission and sharing of information on issues of concern to the community,
- support in the attaining and maintenance of healthy sex practices, and
- medium for strengthening the organisation to further the achievement of its goals and objectives.
Bali Medika situated in central Kuta, is a modern clinic with caring staff providing GP Consultation, Reproductive Health services and Sexual Health Care to International Standards.
Dr. Yogi Prasetia has eight years experience in evidence-based medicine and problem oriented medical records analysis. He is qualified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), as well as STD assessment and HIV/AIDS management from COTTISA Board, Thailand.
Prior to 2010 he was employed with SOS Clinic which provides a ‘House -Call’ service to many of the Hotel/Resorts in South Bali.
He also has considerable experience working with MSM and transgender communities.
For STIs and HIV testing and treatment
Bali Medika Clinic
Monday – Friday 4 pm – 8 pm
Saturday 9 am – 12 pm
Monday – Friday 9 am – 12 pm ( by appointment)
For detail at + 62 361 7913737 or firstname.lastname@example.org